Oh my god that’s so cool!
Oh my god that’s so cool!
This idea was written down for a while before I decided to just go for it. I’m not sure why he’s a hedgehog instead of just a white dude, but for some reason I think it works.
There’s always space for yet another armor tutorial, right? (ﾉ´ヮ´)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧
Note that the armor I drew would be worn around 15th century, the more into the future the less and less components knight’s armor had (i. e. in early 14th century instead of greaves a knight would wear long boots only; in 12th century knights didn’t wear plate breastplates and instead a chain mail only). Also the design of armor pattern changed by year and was different in every country (i.e. in eastern Europe armors, while still looking European, were heavily influenced by Turkey). so just make sure you always do research whenever drawing an armor. And one more thing to keep in mind is that armors were expensive, knights wearing a full plate armor weren’t an often sight.
Some links that may be useful:
- Armour Archive (I strongly suggest to browse its forum, there is no country or period of which armor wouldn’t be discussed)
- Therion Arms (armorer’s page; each accessory is photographed in big resolution and several time so it’s a nice page to use as reference for drawing)
- Revival Clothing (another store, but both with medieval clothing and armors; I suggest to read the articles, they’re often supported with pictures)
- Basic Armouring:A Practical Introduction to Armour Making (pdf)
- Educational Charts (pdf, shows how armors and weapons changed over the years)
- Medieval & Renaissance Material Culture (actual medieval resources, mostly paintings. And my favourite subpage - women in armor)
- Dressing in Steel (youtube; a demonstration how to dress in armor)
- How shall a man be armed? (youtube; another demonstration but with 4 different knights from different periods)
This is 10x funnier if you read it in their voices
Okay, so I had this dream a couple of nights ago that was basically Lord of the Rings, but all of the horses were replaced with motorcycles. It was pretty great because it was just pretty much exactly like the films, but with everyone riding around like crazy bike gangs. And everyone had bikes that were unique to their characters.
Well, like it says on the ring, “One hog to rule the roads.”
Since I decided that ”Let it Go”song from Frozen is definitly Melkor’s song while he built Utumno fortress on the North…
I’m so much not sorry
I had a little too much fun with this one. I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to get the lighting right in panel two, but the whole thing turned out nicely.
In december of last year I bought a year round pass for an aquarium that opened up in Milwaukie. I soon realized that I wasn’t going to be able to get anyone to go with me; people said that they’d heard it was kinda crappy and were generally disparaging and no fun at all. So I ended up writing this strip.
I have never seen a lady pigeon who looked impressed by the sexy pigeon dance.
okay so I only drew/painted the redpanda thingy on the right, the chestnut fox was a friend.
As the dog returneth to his vomit so I return and draw more stupid cameron the bat.
I managed to buckle down and get these two done start to finish in under 3 days, which I think might be a new record for me.